1) upsidown [also known as the stellar Ms. Sarah W-W] is GREAT!
2) I continue to be annoyed when the musical accompaniment drowns out the singers.
3) The foreign language parts of "Willkommen" from Cabaret are sexy.
4) I was reminded of how many classic musicals i am unfamiliar with.
5) The woman (Gitanjali Sidhu?) who did "Corner of the Sky" (Pippin) was really good.
6) I also really liked the woman (Megan Maguire?) who did "Trouble" (The Music Man).
7) "Seize the Day" (Newsies) was so well-done, though i could have sworn it was longer.
8) Tee-hee to the coconut clip-clops (Monty Python!) at the beginning of "Man of La Mancha" (Do they actually do that in the real Man of La Mancha?).
9) I remembered "Singin' in the Rain" as less mellow and high-pitched.
10) You're living in America at the end of the millenium, You're living in America leave your conscience at the tone, And when you're living in America at the end of the millenium you're what you own
RENT is one of the few musicals i really want to see.
11) Fun with gender is two women in red dresses doing "What Would I Do" from Falsettos, a dozen women in suits doing "Nothin' Like A Dame" from South Pacific, and women doing "I Am What I Am" from La Cage Aux Folles.