burning like matchsticks in the face of the darkness|
[Most Recent Entries]
Wednesday, June 19th, 2002
|Am spending all together too many hours searching for screencaps.
has been fabulous in helping me out, i just want to say.
Anyway, if anyone could point me to screencaps for the following i would be extremely grateful.
- Buffy's bag of stakes. [Edited to add that sexonastick is also fabulous and she just watched "Prophecy Girl" and says "As it turns out: no bag of stakes. But I KNOW they show the weapons trunk in the first two episodes.. if that helps at all." I can't find a pic, but i think i found an image that will work. Though if anyone sees an image of Buffy's bag of weapons, lemme know.]
Buffy going to face the Master in "Prophecy Girl."
- Buffy writing. Like taking a test in the early seasons or something.
Thanks muchly. Current Mood: icon whore
|"i don't even think i could follow a map to that place in your life."
Subject is quote from Anna
’s friend Jonny. I am stealing it.
Current Mood: so much for going to bed early
- Yay for pretty Last Unicorn icons (pages one and two). Such a good movie. Makes me wanna read the book, for the third time. (Also love the Counting Crows “Round Here” icons here.)
- What is up with the 70's phrase “you are a stone fox”? Trip says it to Lux in The Virgin Suicides, and Kelso’s brother told Donna “you are a stone cold fox” in last night’s That 70's Show.
- So last year i read The Fountainhead for the Ayn Rand essay contest but ended up never entering. Maybe i’ll read Atlas Shrugged this summer and maybe even enter the essay contest (or not).
- Reading Robin Scroggs’ book (The New Testament and Homosexuality) one of the things that has been really interesting is how different people can interpret different things so differently. I had thought it was just a matter of reading enough, of learning enough about the original words and the cultural context and such, but two people looking at the same information can still come to different conclusions regarding the interpretation of a text. Humbling isn’t the word i want, but it was a real reminder to not say things like “this clearly means.” I don’t know how much it’ll take for other topics, but i think it’ll definitely take for what i say and write about this topic -- especially since there really is so little definitive evidence. (This was more coherent in my head. Sorry.)
- I love that i have caused Buffy to permeate my parents’ minds. My dad looked up the photo credits on the July Cosmo because he could have sworn the cover model was the actress who plays Anya (it wasn’t). And he always sends me bunny stuff that makes him think of Anya, like this piece from an article on wimpy team names (his e-mail had the subject "I don't think Anya would call that wimpy.").
Friday, June 14, 2002
Fight, Lambkins, fight!
Best of the Web is collecting wimpy high school team names from around the country, including the Fort Collins (Colo.) Lambkins, the Poca (W. Va.) Dots and, in my father's hometown of Omaha, the Benson Mighty Bunnies.
My mom wrote herself a note to tell me that SMG is on the cover of 2 magazines -- In Style and Seventeen.
- Danny Strong is doing Dunkin’ Donuts Coolata commercials. This made me think of the scene in “Reptile Boy” when Cordelia has him get her a “cappuccino -- cinnamon, chocolate, half-caf, nonfat ... extra foam.”
- June 15, 2002, from the The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar:
"It’s like buttering an English muffin. An English muffin is hip. Because it’s so good"
-actor David Boreanaz, star of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, when asked to define “hip”
[I have no comment.]
- I like Britta and Carolyn’s “Free Hugs” shirt idea. I think i may put a “Free Hugs. Inquire Inside.” sign on my door at school this year. Someone has to do it with Allison graduated. :)
- Ooh, new layout to Neil Gaiman’s journal.