"guide my feet, while I run this race; I don't want to run this race in vain"
When I sing that song to myself, I always think "alone" instead of "in vain."
[obligatory snow report] When I left my house a little after 7am, snowflakes were falling infrequently. More frequently as I approached the T, and then less when I got out at Harvard.
Katie and I had dinner tonight. (And saw some of this story
on CNN in the restaurant.) I think I was expecting a redux of when we went to Target or something, but we were both fairly subdued. But we still agreed that we should do this more often -- like every few weeks instead of every few months.
I've been staying on top of work stuff, but I feel like things keep coming up which I should have already thought to take care of. Meh. I much prefer feeling awesome and on top of my job.
And I am so done with RED class -- have been basically since we moved into the group project module. I don't wanna present on Wednesday -- nor do the requisite prep work. I'm not even excited about the potluck end-of-class party.
"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. I e-mailed Tiffany my "lapsed UU"/"faithful Methodist" story last night 'cause I had forgotten to tell it to her at church, and she replied, "That is funny!! I hope you keep track somehow of these stories from your faith journeys!"
2. Getting in touch with ladyvivien
's former classmate who is newly employed at HBS.
3. Katie got a chocolate and custard dessert cup after lunch and only ate half of it 'cause it was so rich, so I said I'd totally take it and eat it later (I was full from lunch at the moment). I put it in the fridge and took it out around 4 and yeah, it was yummy.
4. Thursday's job candidate: still entertaining.
5. zomfg! Dan Drezner writes
Via Glenn Reynolds, I see that professors have something in common with administrative assistants, baristas and personal trainers: they are all, "careers that have more sex appeal than you probably realize," according to Anthony Balderrama
Three things I did well today:
1. I went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I paid the renewal fees for my website.
3. I stayed on top of work stuff.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. The Grille will actually be open again. (It reopened at 2pm today.)
2. Um, there will be various work stuff which I will feel at least mildly accomplished/competent to have taken care of.