Fight [with God] like you fight with the people you love, heartfelt and raw and needy. Be willing to submit, to admit you were wrong, to kiss and make up; but be unwilling to give up or go away.
-Eve Tushnet ("Defining the Relationship" 1/15/09)
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. From an email one of my friends sent me today: P.S - I started doing "Joy Sadhana" two days ago. :-)
2. At CAUMC small group tonight, the whole time I was there (well maybe not while I was debriefing to Sean before dinner re: [redacted, v.1]) I felt like the weight that had been on me for some days now was lifted.
( Collapse )
3. I got a way better response to an email than I was expecting (Megan and Ari, I'll email you after I get some sleep).
4. Having comfortable interactions with Someone even before this intense exchange.
5. Having my read on someone (different someone than #4) validated and elaborated on by an actual mental health professional.
Three things I did well today:
1. ( Collapse )
2. I read more of the posts about [do we have a better umbrella term for this current round than Cultural Appropriation?]
3. I wrote a really honest email.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. LEM book group
2. a response to aforementioned honest email