CWM Meditation tonight:
"To have faced our demons is never to forget their power to hurt and never to forget the power to heal that lies in touching brokenheartedness."
-Rita Nakashima Brock
I got like 10 hours of sleep (woke up and
got up before my 8am alarm -- yay!) but still felt somewhat worn out this morning. I haven't heard anymore about [redacted, v. 2.5] after yesterday afternoon, which felt sort like a letdown after having been so wrapped up in since like Tuesday (especially being up so late Friday night), though of course I'm glad that they're at a place where they're actually working through things together and I don't have to do crisis support.
Morning church made me kind of crankypants. (I was unimpressed by evening church, but I still like evening church best.)
L. emailed me at 3:08am: "I'm super stressed 'bout classes...give me a call today (Sunday) afternoon if it's convenient?" I called her after I got back from Annual Meeting and we talked for about a half an hour.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
2. What I heard of Rev. S's sermon on Mark 1:21-28.
3. Lourey (yes, apparently that's how she spells it) came to CWM -- and apparently is going to try to make that a regular thing (along with Thursday night CAUMC young adult group). And she listened to me talk about my week/end. And double-counted the offertory with me.
4. Ari reminded me that it's the first of the month and so I should write the rent check.
5. MikeN replied to my last message to him.
Three things I did well today:
1. I stayed for all of Annual Meeting (over an hour and a half) at CHPC.
2. I said "excuse me" when behind pairs of people walking, instead of seething until reaching a cross street where I could walk around them.
3. I helped clean up after dinner at CWM -- including washing and drying dishes.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. giving blood
2. watching Super Bowl commercials online