[Saturday] joy sadhana as update
"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. SLEEP! I went to bed at like quarter of nine last night, and I actually considered getting up various times I woke up this morning, but I ended up not actually getting up until about quarter of nine.
2. Allie and I went to Bloc 11 Cafe
for lunch. It's owned by the same people who own Diesel, and it shows (cute
short-haired girls with lip rings working the counter and everything), but it's also a very different vibe -- lots of light (including lots of natural light), green plants, light wood paneling, etc. You can eat in the former bank vault, which I may wanna do next time (though sitting near the front surrounded by big glass windows was also good). I got a yummy mozzarella sandwich ("The Clover" -- which I think was their only vegetarian hot sandwich, which made me kinda sad; it amuses me that their 02143 is a roast beef sandwich) and vegan potato leek soup and an omg yummy mint hot chocolate.
[Random: On our way home I saw that the Burren does brunch? It just seems so random to me -- a bar doing brunch.]
3. After we left, we stopped at Hub Comics and browsed indie local comics. I picked up The Devil Made Me Blog It
due to the title (turned out to be a leftie comic not my cuppa). I picked up Voldemort's Eating Chocolate Muffins
for the same reason; the title panel made me literally laugh out loud, though the whole thing wasn't worth my $2. Allie got parts one and two of five of a comic called Monday
, and I flipped through the first few pages of the first one and it's Adam and Eve in Eden and I really like it; it reminded me of Mark Twain's The Diaries of Adam and Eve
4. Allie and I spent nearly 7 hours together.
5. She and I may go see The Winter's Tale
together. (I have no problem going to stuff like that on my own, but I like having people to talk about it with afterward.)
Three things I did well today:
1. I did a reasonable job of summarizing RaceFail2009 for Allie, and after I got home I emailed her followup stuff on everything from RaceFail2009 to Yuletide recs to Manga Shakespeare (which I had actually heard of thanks to angevin2
2. I picked up milk on my way home.
3. I did laundry.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
2. Highs near 50F (in part because it means people won't be complaining about the weather).