CWM's lectionary readings were Isaiah 43:18-25 and Mark 2:1-12.
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
Tiffany's sermon was mostly on forgiveness, but one thing which really stuck with me (which I don't even remember how it connected) was on the Mark passage, how the paralytic's friends brought him to a place where he could be healed.This is not the place where we pretend to be well. -Rev.S"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. Ten hours of sleep!
2. I did end up going to Somerville Community Baptist Church this morning, and there's so much joyous energy there. Watching two little children so purely and bodily being joyful was a good way to start a day.
3. I got to talk to Ross about how I want us to better be church together (we are all part/s of the Body of Christ, after all), and I felt a little like we were talking past each other, but he did say he'd love to talk sometime, and he asked me if I'd sent him the contact info for CAUMC's young adult minister (I hadn't -- but I did in my followup email tonight).
4. Mr. Crepe is always yummy (though I need to remember that I don't like their chai lattes -- thankfully I'd only ordered a small).
5. Getting to talk church with Ari.
Three things I did well today:
1. I emailed various people about getting together.
2. I participated in various discussions.
3. I bought milk.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Watching the Dollhouse
premiere and the return of Sarah Connor Chronicles
2. Listening to Reunion sermons
from their "Beloved" series