I r totes a rockstar!
I was really busy this morning, but in useful competent ways. I'd been feeling a little bit like I didn't even particularly like my job nor was particularly suited to it, so it was nice to be back into feeling like, This is who I am, what I do (*sings
Prof.D. emailed me two lists of articles to find and print out for him by the end of the day, and I was doing so much other stuff that I actually wasn't feeling entirely certain that I would get it done by then (especially when some of the first few articles I didn't find in the first major database I searched), but I actually finished by lunchtime.
I feel like I keep remembering about, or being reminded of, things that I've let slip through the cracks, but thus far everything's worked out fine, so hopefully I can continue to be proactive and all and fight to keep myself out of another avoidant phase.
Rest & Bread Taize service wasn't quite what I was expecting, but it'll be okay.
"Making the Faith Our Own in this Generation" looks to be really good. There were parts at the beginning where I felt like my having committed myself to going to this was going to turn out to have been a bad idea, but I think it's gonna be good. We ran until about 9:00 and then I stayed to talk, so it was closer to 9:30 when I got out.
Ugh, writeups from today (including Dollhouse
1.03) plus I have to clean up the blog post for tomorrow. I suspect I may just stay after work late doing personal stuff since I don't have any obligations until CAUMC small group.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. ~8hrs of sleep!
2. I went outside to pick something up from the building next door a little after 9am, and I passed Ranjan and Kara who were all bundled up, and one of them said I was "brave" to be out without a coat, and I said, "I don't feel brave -- just comfortable," and it was true. I thought it was really quite lovely out. But people all morning were commenting on how cold it was outside. Yeah, I really do process cold differently than most people.
3. I have exciting surprise bonus plans for Friday night (even though unfortunately that means I'm missing CAUMC game night).
4. Leftovers from seminars, etc. (lots of chocolate chip cookies, but I was actually particularly pleased by the half of a mozzarella sandwich, since I wasn't optimistic about getting a hearty supper at FCS)
5. My mommy called to check in on me :)
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, did morning routine, and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I tracked down full-text PDFs of all the articles Prof.D. wanted.
3. I gave feedback on the Rest and Bread Taize service and made some useful contributions to discussion at "Making the Faith Our Own."
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. CAUMC small group
2. Um... being done with a whole bunch of the things I'd like to get done tomorrow.