I do not have a pithy epithet for this date.
I had a bunch of weird dreams this which I think translate as: working through complicated things like a grownup. But I wouldn't swear to that.
After work, I opted to just go home rather than doing any of the not very pressing errands I had planned. I'm not sure how much this was being avoidant and how much it was responsibly attending to my desire to get to bed early tonight (I know it's some
of the latter, I'm just not sure about the percentage split).
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. It's Sara's birthday today, and we went to UpStairs on the Square for lunch. We did not get seated in the pink room, which I was v. okay with. Where we were was purple and green and nice -- and had a fireplace (whose lack of grating made me a bit nervous).
It's Restaurant Week (where was I that I couldn't go to Restaurant Week with Cailin last year? *checks email* oh yeah, it was August)
, which we hadn't realized. I wasn't particularly grabbed by anything on the RW menu except the "famous" Macaroni and Cheese, though. I ultimately decided to get the $15 veggie burger -- in part to see how it stacked up against the $11 veggie burger I had at Channel Cafe
. I prefer Channel Cafe's. The vegan mayo at UpStairs was phenomenal, though. Kate and Erin shared their macaroni and cheese with me, and it was definitely tasty. (UpStairs also serves 4 kinds of absinthe, though I don't like absinthe enough to pay those prices.) Found poking the internet later: Spring Vegan Dinners at UpStairs
2. Two RAs I hadn't met before -- Erin and Dave -- joined us, and I enjoyed them. We talked about Shepard Fairey
and Simmons' MBA program and Watchmen
and various other things. And I successfully found them on facebook :) I have mixed feelings about facebook, but one of its positive functions is being able to basically "bookmark" people you would like to stay in touch with.
3. catching up on xkcd (Alternative Energy Revolution
, Two Mirrors
, Not Enough Work
, Pirate Bay
4. phone call with Ari
5. going to bed early!
6. Tiffany replied to my email and commented that she would be praying for me
, too, which it actually hadn't occurred to me to ask for, even though I've been paying attention to how this emotional stress is affecting me and how I should take care of myself.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, did my requisite morning stuff and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I reassured Sara about something this morning.
3. mjules was talking about the misogynistic attitude of the narrator in Left Hand of Darkness
, and we had the following exchange:
me: oyceter being like my preliminary go-to for race and gender in sff ('cause she does lots of book/tv/etc. writeups), I looked up her tags... http://oyceter.livejournal.com/161557.html
mjules: You are so freaking resourceful.
4. I washed my dirty dishes (yay not having to use my housemate's spoons).
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. being better-rested
2. spending an evening with Allie