"I think I'd better go." / "Yes I think you better had."
~9 hours of sleep and I didn't wanna get out of bed this morning. I didn't feel tired while I was at work, though, so that's good.
At work today I was feeling more depressive and avoidant than I sometimes have (possibly triggered by an email -- not anything bad, just, y'know, things trigger). I am not a fan of this. Time with Allie was good. Vessel of Glass
was not quite what we were expecting, but a lot of it was good, and it had a talkback afterward, which we were not expecting, and which was good in some ways.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
[Edit: Heh, I realized in putting together my joy sadhana the next day that I was using the template with my Ordinary Time verse rather than my Lenten one.]
Five good things about today:
1. Erin from yesterday saw me at the gym this morning and said hi to me by name (I hadn't even seen her at first).
2. I watched Kings
and enjoyed it (writeup got thwarted by work, and it was nearly 11:30pm when I got home ... maybe tomorrow?).
3. Entertaining email exchange with a couple of coworkers.
4. Allie and I went to a Mexican restaurant in Central Square
for dinner (I had been in the mood for Mexican last week when we were making plans) and it turned out to be the one I'd gone to with jadelennox, marginaliana, and catling after Neil Gaiman and Henry Jenkins at MIT. Tasty. (We both got the Tino [quesadilla] Plate and fresh limeade.)
5. On our way home, we stopped at the Tedeschi, which I realized meant I could pick up milk (I knew I was running low but wasn't sure when I would be able to pick up more given my schedule this week -- I should really find out how late the neighborhood corner store is open ... and the 7-11 up the street).
Bonus: I actually found two pairs of shoes I liked at Payless; if they turn out to wear as well as I hope, I may go back and pick up a second pair of each (since I tend to wear out my shoes quickly, and so often I can't find ones I like).
Three things I did well today:
1. I did my requisite morning stuff and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I helped a coworker with a data entry project. (This also meant I didn't feel so bad about not volunteering to help out with another project -- 'cause this one, which is more my job and which I am more qualified for, would have been at about the same time.)
3. I made the CWM deposit, picked something up at CVS, and went to the Payless in Central Square.
Bonus: I promptly made a phone call to deal with something even though I didn't really want to.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread service
2. cardio morning at the gym