In talking to Molly near the end of supper tonight, I said that my emotional reserves were less than I was used to them being, and I think that's a really true and effective articulation of my situation right now.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. Ian pisses me off, for real and for true, but he also makes me laugh sometimes.
2. [redacted, v. 2]
3. Molly volunteered me to lead/facilitate one of the small groups (we had more groups than leaders).
4. After tonight was over, Laura Ruth told me, "I love what you say."
5. I got to have Thin Mints when I got home.
Also: It was quite lovely out tonight.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, did most of my requisite morning stuff, and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I typed up a bunch of stuff for B in the like ten minutes he gave me before his meeting.
3. FUH asked me if there was a way in Word to have some pages in Portrait and some in Landscape (all in the same document) and I felt like there should be and quickly found it
Bonus: I enabled pingbacks on my LJ -- apparently I had missed that they are opt-in.
Also: I chatted with someone a bit outside my comfort zone.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. CAUMC small group
2. sitting in the library beforehand and catching up on some reading