[Friday] in my tribe
L. called me as I was walking to Harvard T after work today. I stopped in at CVS to pick some stuff up and she was still talking when I got to the T station. I stood around for a bit and then opted to just walk home (it was nice out, and I wasn't in a rush). I was still on the law school campus when she hung up, but whatever. I forgot how long it takes to walk from Harvard to Porter, but I still got home at like quarter past six. [
Edit: Gmaps Pedometer
says it's about 3.84mi from my work to my house.]
Housemate and I were going to the same party tonight (Green Alcohol Party II at the house of Cate/Jason/Rachel/Ricky), so she drove me to and fro, which was nice since there's no efficient T route from where I live now to where the party was. (She has a Saturday morning meeting, so she warned me she wasn't gonna stay wicked late. In practice, this meant we were there from about 8:30-12:20.) I walked in and basically immediately got a big hug from Cate and sat down to catch up with her, and then I got to cuddle with Jason which was yay. [
Edit: At one point, Rachel (who's legally blind) asked, "Jason, who's sitting in your lap? Not that it matters, I'm just curious." He answered, "Cate's friend Elizabeth," and she clapped and said, "Oh, Elizabeth, I've met you! Carry on!"]
I've been to enough of their parties that a lot of the attendees feel familiar, and even though I didn't chat with people as much as I might have liked, I felt comfortable just being around people, as opposed to feeling all awkward and withdrawn like I sometimes do at parties when I'm not directly engaging with people, so that was nice. I think the cuddling was probably the best part, though. And I met people like eponis. And there was an extended Jonathan Coulton etc., um, performance I guess would be the word -- complete with Carolyn doing ASL for portions. [
Edit: Oh, and I got to watch someone do a flaming shot.]
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. I got in to the office before 9am.
2. I didn't feel depressive, and I think my avoidance was just my normal level.
3. I got to have a nice long phone call with Ari. It's nice when we have long stretches of time so after we've done the catch-up stuff we can just enjoy each other's company and slip into any number of topics as we think of them.
4. I had yummy leftovers from church, so I didn't have to think about dinner.
5. Party! With cuddling!
Three things I did well today:
1. I did my requisite morning stuff and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I did PrintScreen magic.
3. I was proactive in getting something from Prof.B. before he went away for a week.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. sleeping in (At one point this week I was seriously considering going to Temple Shalom Medford -- because nice people are nice, and also to ask the rabbi if he'd seen Kings
-- but then I decided that sleep might be a better plan.)