going to bed early makes me happy
I felt less pathalogically avoidant today. I also might be starting my period. If being avoidant and depressive really is hormonal I'm gonna be stoked. Except, of course, for the fact that I'm wicked irregular, so it's not like this will necessarily help me except for being able to comfort myself that it's just a temporary fluctuation in mood and not actually a sign that I am in need of professional intervention.
Cailin, Katie, Henry, and I had dinner at Garden at the Cellar
. Which was not as expensive as I had initially feared it would be when Cailin said she'd been dying to go there. And there were enough vegetarian options that I didn't feel really limited. Rosemary-Truffle Fries are not really my thing, it turns out. I didn't dis
like them, but they weren't really what I was looking for in french fries.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. getting invited to go get breakfast with coworkers
2. lunch with Nicki
3. chatting with Katie after dinner felt really comfortable
4. Jessie wants to get together with folks pre-MJ on Thursday; which I can't be a part of (and points to her for remembering this) but which I think is a really nice idea
5. via Ari, I learned about Quasimodo
(yes, one of these days I would like to actually read the book)
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, and did my requisite morning stuff, and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I asked FUH about having a brief conversation about my supporting his teaching this semester.
3. I emailed various people.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread
2. continuing to get caught up on stuff