Crimean War, etc.
Before (and still during) Rest and Bread tonight, I was feeling tired
. I went to bed at like 9:30 last night (though I woke up around 2:30 and couldn't fall back asleep for about a half an hour). Keith asked if it was 'cause of my friend, and he totally gets thoughtful points for that, but I haven't been actively stressing about that ... nothing especially stands out to me as an explanation, so I guess it's probably a combination of personal stuff and work stuff and hormones and lack of sleep.
[Lentn House Church] Last week, Molly had said that we were gonna do an activity this week, and of course I was not thrilled, but the activity was actually planning your funeral (the theme tonight was "death") and I was stoked. And there was good discussion, too. I miss having the time to actually post writeups.
Saying goodbyes tonight, folks I barely know expressed pleasure at having seen me (and sounded genuine). Part of me wishes I could make FCS my secondary church home. It just doesn't quite work, though.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. email from FUH made me smile
2. emailing with L.
3. Folks are sad to not have Soup Supper etc. next week, so after Rest and Bread next week we're going out to dinner.
4. Molly said I give good hugs and it's one of my spiritual gifts :)
5. Aww, soundingsea's reply to my lj-anniversary post :)
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. I remembered to read a Psalm.
3. I did laundry.
4. I caught up on various personal Internet stuff.
5. I remembered to make the CWM deposit.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. hot chocolate with Roza and Jonah
2. omfg muskratjamboree
begins (even though by the time I get there my plans will basically consist of falling into bed ... I am seriously considering sleeping in my own bed Thursday night and just getting up like I normally would for work Friday morning and heading to the hotel then)