burning like matchsticks in the face of the darkness|
[Most Recent Entries]
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009
So, I have two alarm clocks -- one set for workdays and one set for Sundays. I forgot that I'd reset my workday alarm clock for Saturday, so despite my having turned my alarm clock on
last night, it still hadn't gone off when I woke up at 7:28 this morning.
This is not entirely a bad thing, as I don't even know when I got to sleep last night. I went to bed around 9:45, was still awake around 10:30, got up and puttered on the computer and went back to bed around 11:30, was still awake around 11:55, got a book
and a flashlight and read about 70 pages.
***"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- I woke up with enough time to take a shower (and eat breakfast!) and still get to work on time.
- Someone mentioned Reiki in comments on a flister's entry the other day, and it got me thinking, and she replied to my comment and so now I'm maybe setting up an appointment.
- My mom came in to tickets to Pirates! at the Huntington for this Saturday -- so I am skipping the Presbyterian collegiate ministry conference to go to that.
- Spinach ravioli on the pasta bar.
- Demo Part 2 of the online system we'll be using for Recruiting next year.
- Half-day on Friday, June 5. I had totally forgotten about the Light Lunch tradition, which is canceled this year due to budget concerns but we still get to leave at noon. (Possibly I will get my hair cut that afternoon.)
- Katie and I got crepes at Mr. Crepe. We each did a build-your-own savory crepe (I did mozzarella, spinach, avocado, sun-dried tomato) and split a dessert crepe (strawberries and Nutella -- mmm... Nutella!). She mentioned that she hadn't had crepes since we last went out for crepes at Arrow Street like 8 months ago, and so then we were trying to remember when that was. She said, "I remember there was some hot topic," and I suggested maybe it was about so-and-so and she said definitely and then she rememebered and oh yeah, GT's reminiscing. We ended up talking for four hours.
Things I did well today:
- I called Maytag and set up an appointment for tomorrow.
- I pulled files off a 3½-inch floppy for Prof.D.
- I helped Laura with some of her stuff.
- I did some work on the AAR.
Things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Going to the gym. I didn't get to go today 'cause I overslept and stuff, but my repairperson isn't due until at least 1pm, so while I am taking the entire day off from work, I am going in to the gym in the morning.
- Getting our washing machine fixed. (Though I am definitely considering the possibility that the person won't have the necessary part or something and will have to schedule a follow-up appointment.)
- Rest and Bread