burning like matchsticks in the face of the darkness|
[Most Recent Entries]
Saturday, May 30th, 2009
"Joy Sadhana is a daily practice in the observation of joy."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- When I was leaving the gym this morning, a woman I didn't even recognize said, "You're a faithful gym attendee -- you inspire me."
- I usually feel ambivalent about my green sweater, especially with the cowl neck, but Jess complimented me on it, particularly on the neck thing.
- I got a yogurt parfait and a cookie.
- Firefly (pilot episode) viewing with Jeff, et al. (I was on the phone with Ari as L. was driving us out to Brighton, and as we wrapped up, Ari said, "Enjoy Firefly. I hear it's good." Hee, understatement!) I'll post about my thoughts on the episode eventually. I also found at least one person I'm interested in following up conversation with. And props to Kristy for making pizza ordering happen in a fairly organized/efficient fashion. (And she was all impressed when I was talking about LJ writeups and tagging and placeholder entries.)
- Plans for assembling my couch.
Things I did well today:
- I only snoozed my alarm once and I ate breakfast at home and I went to the ( gymCollapse )
- I remembered where to get a requested student information list.
- I helped input one and a half sections worth of grades (less than one hour for Part 1 of Section 1; approximately an hour and a half for Parts 1&2 of Section 2).
Things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Sleeping in.
- Pirates! (and Pizzeria Uno) with my mom.
- Esther and Galen's housewarming.