-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- The cardio room tvs had CNBC again. (If it hadn't, I would have watched Burn Notice on USA, which I have heard good things about, but which really didn't look interesting to me.)
- New Hampshire LEGISLATURE passed a bill legalizing same-sex marriage.
- Rest and Bread has pretty Pentecost paraments.
- Laura Ruth said, "I owe you an email." I said that my email from last week doesn't require a response but yeah it would be nice to get a reply to it.
- Dinner at Mr. Crepe. Discussion (re: Scriptural interpretation, etc.) with with Ross (SCBC) helped me better articulate our approaches, and gave me things to think about further.
- Ari emailed me (conflicting schedules meant no phonecall tonight) to say, "you and Terry are in my prayers today (in a more conscious way than usual), by the by."
- I got up with my alarm and ate breakfast at home and brushed my teeth and went to the ( Collapse )
- I picked out (and ordered) flowers to be sent to my boss's son's hospital room (he had major surgery on Monday).
- I did a mini-project for someone and was proactive. (Yay not being completely avoidant.)
- In the Announcements, Laura Ruth talked about "Gay Pride" (e.g., the Gay Pride Parade), and after service I asked her if she could not call it "gay pride" since that elides bisexuals and transgendered persons.
- I sat with a Rest and Bread congregant for about a half an hour after service (as did the rest of the group gathered). We were all offering words of comfort and strength or just our presence, but I was glad I got to sit next to him and hold his hand and rub circles on his back, since touch is kind of what I do in these sorts of situations.
- I cleaned up the Communion elements after service.
- Ross (SCBC) and I discussed Scriptural interpretation, etc., for about an hour tonight, and I made fairly good arguments.
- I washed all my cereal bowls and spoons.
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Rest and Bread writeup
- CAUMC small group