"30 seems pretty fabulous so far," says phineasjones (who shares a birthday -- March 21 -- with J. S. Bach and Gary Oldman). Am unsure i'll be able to make it to her party Saturday after all, but am very glad for her. The MSJC may have been wrong, may have been forcing too much too soon, may have been overstepping its bounds (i so don't know enough about gov/law to make any sort of call on that) but i really really love that in my state she and so many other people can get engaged.
Eurotrip includes Lucy Lawless as a dominatrix? Why did no one tell me this before?
From what Kate has said, it sounds like the new Room Draw is far less efficient, though potentially less dramatastic, than it has been in the past.
I haven't been following the Terri Schiavo case, but i'm big on independence and the freedom to make your own decisions regarding yourself, including being allowed to make bad or destructive decisions, so long as they don't harm anyone else. And really, what is life if you can't choose how to live? I think people deserve to have their wishes honored regarding how they live their lives (with the obvious caveats that you don't have a right to engage in non-consensual violence) and that includes decisions about ending your own life. samfeasor makes the good points about the hypocrisy involved. Boo hypocrisy. (Though granted it could probably be argued as privileging a certain "sanctity of life" value i happen to not entirely share over "sanctity of marriage.")
Why is LJ not sending me all of my comments? Yay for the Recent Comments function.
Oh, and go vote in the poll about which new features LJ should work on first. (from news)
FYI: Subtile Pairings (Buffy&Angel-verse rare pairings archive) has been moved to here.
missambs was soliciting lesbian (sub)text songs, so since i'm forever taking stuff people post on YSI, i figure i really should post some of my own.
- Cute for a Girl (Alix Olson)
- She Says (Ani DiFranco)
- The Whole Night (Ani DiFranco)
- You Must Be (from Jesus Has Two Mommies - Catie Curtis and Jennifer Kimball)
- Burnin' Bush (from Jesus Has Two Mommies - Merle Perkins, Catie Curtis, Jennifer Kimball & Meghan Toohey)
- Flexible (Billie Myers)
- Bulldagger Swagger (Phranc)
- She Has a Girlfriend Now (Reel Big Fish)
- I Wish I Was a Lesbian (Louden Wainwright III)
- Elizabeth (Catie Curtis)
- What's the Matter? (Catie Curtis)
- Sister Song (Rachael Sage w/ Ani Difranco, Tori Amos, Paula Cole - live at Lilith Fair 1999)
- Raspberry Swirl (Tori Amos)