* This morning at the Davis T there was a woman who said, "Do you want a free granola bar?" I took one, despite the fact that they're often unappetizing energy bars. It turned out to be a Quaker Chewy granola bar (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip!) -- complete with a laminated business card. On one side it said:
Yes...it really is free!And on the back is basic info (logo, contact info, worship times, map) for Hope Fellowship Church.
We hope this small gift brightens your day. It's a simple way of saying that God loves you, no strings attached.
Let us know if we can be of more assistance.
* I finished my root canal this morning.
It was far less traumatic than last time.
I still have to call Dr. Cook's office to get a permanent crown put on it [will do that tomorrow when I'm at work with easy access to all the schedules], and I'm to take ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory) for the next 24 hours, even if I don't think I need them.
I felt dizzy, which was disconcerting, but it only lasted a few hours.
[Oh, I meant to say but neglected to: I keep thinking of C.J.'s "emergency root canal," and I really think they must have had wisdom teeth removal in mind, 'cause you really don't get that cotton mouth thing from a root canal.
Not that I recommend root canals as funtimes, though. I endorse yearly dental visits -- though Trelawney hadn't been to a dentist in five years and had basically perfect teeth. (You can get a free exam with Tufts Dental School, and if you need the right kind of work done you can get it done for free 'cause they have a student do it as their final exam or something.)]
* I went home for food, drugs, and Internet, and then went out again (encountering less pleasing persons than the granola bar girl, btw).
* I went to the glasses place in Central Square and picked out new frames -- which may be ready tomorrow! I still need to call Blu to make an appointment to get my hair cut.
* I bought groceries and ironed my blouses. (I also dropped the iron at one point and gauged the back of my hand -- thankfully not with any hot parts.)